Tuesday, May 26, 2009

James, YOU'RE THE FUCKING BOMB!

I have yet to thank James for this most beautiful display of propaganda, so I thought what better way, than to blog about it.

Dearest James,

First off I'm in tears. And B, I'm in hysterics! Everything is beautiful. The witty minimalism, the amazing fonts, the orange, white, light blue, and black color scheme. It is absolutely fantastic. And I thought I couldn't get any more excited!

I love you. We really don't say it enough.

Love,
Dana


I heard there was talk about getting Matt piss drunk and writing the invitation on his face, and then taking a picture of it. I think I like this option a little better. This way way we can capture his thoughts too right!?


Mr. Rob loves cooking for the masses. I just hope you like meat and Ace Miners BBQ sauce, because if you don't, that's cool too. You don't like hot dogs? Fine, I'm sure there will also be some ribs. You don't eat red meat? Whatever, he'll make up some chicken. You're a vegetarian? Done, he'll make you a boca burger and call you gay. Just as a warning, he loves to complain and pretend to be put out, but really, he secretly loves to accommodate.


At my 16th "Under the Sea" Danapalooza, Jeremy was able to eat 9 full hot dogs and a bite of a 10th, winning some candy or something and an unforgettable night with Matty Gay in my bed. Then 5 years and some change later, he lost his title of Most Gratuitous Competitive Eater in the Greater Five Cities Area to Whitney Furness. I forget the details, but it included Jack in the Box hamburgers, eating regurgitation, trying to puke, and Sarah Gong. I have the video somewhere, maybe I'll do something with it.



It is true, once Matt gets a few wine coolers in him, the Vans come off, as well as everything else. It is a pretty sight. Brandon and Grace can attest to it.



Nothing captures America, radness, and parties quite like fireworks. If only I would have grabbed some in China!

Anyway, I love the shit out of everyone that is helping the planning process (eg, my mom and dad, Matt and James), and I seriously cannot wait to be home.

Danapalooza ooh 9! Be there, or die.

4 comments:

  1. Not sure how Matt become a large part of this process, except for that his beautifully designed face graces the poster. I would like to squeeze Brandon Henke into those parentheses for coming up with the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dana, I just read this. Thanks so much for the thank you! It was a lot of fun, and if I could make a career out of doing danapalooza invites, i would.
    It's true, Amie has a lot more to do with the planning than Matt. She and I have been talking details and she even started a google doc shopping list.
    Should be the party of our lifetimes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the hotdog thing was at the I dont want to go back to school party? Or was that when George stole my camera and took pictures of his dick

    I am getting old, these horrible experiences are all meshing together

    ReplyDelete