This is the tentative plan, because I know you all are oh so interested :
- Fri- 4/3: Pops arrives in Dubai around 5:30 pm. We check into our swanky, yet affordable hotel. HOTEL TIME! I hope they have high ceilings because the last time I got to have hotel time with pops, I was a bit shorter then, and couldn't jump as high! Walk to the fabulous Mall of the Emirates, I buy a camera, dad hits the slopes for some indoor skiing. We grab a shwarma before hittin' the hay.
- Sat- 4/4: Wake up to sunny Dubai. I show dad the architectural wonders that prove the UAE must be compensating for something including the Burj Al Arab, and the Burj Dubai. then relax by the pool until our desert safari, which commences at 4. Then we will dune bash (which is a fancy way of saying 'mobbing,' which is a white trash Bako way of saying 'driving a 4x4 in the dunes while scarying the living daylights out of the passangers'), camel ride, sand surf, see how the Bedouins lived, get henna, do sheesha, eat BBQ meats, belly dance (well watch it, I do not B dance myself... maybe pops will be into it... OH MY GOSH, he better not be into it! I will die! I'm dying just thinking about him dancing!), and drink. Then it's back to the hotel by 10!
- Sun- 4/5: Pool time until check out. Catch a taxi to Sharjah for flight to Alexandria, Egypt at 15:00 courtesy of Air Arabia. I swore I'd never fly them again, but their cheap deals are just too intising! Arrive in Alexandria at 17:00 (3 hour flight with 2 hour time difference). Take in the Mediterranian for the rest of the night.
- Sat- 4/6: Wake up early-ish to go to the WWII thing my dad wants to see. Something about some attack from Tabrouq. You'll have to ask him. Or wikipedia it yourself. See the Kom Al Shoqafa catacombs. Take in the last of the Mediterranian, then leave for Cairo by the night.
- Sun- 4/7: Wake up in Cairo for an AM tour of the pyramids and sphyinx. Pops wants to see the sunrise on the pyramids, but I'd settle for sunset. Then I plan to find a baby in the Nile, survive some plagues, set an army of Jewish slaves free, part the Red Sea, wander the desert for 40 years, oh and check out some of the markets. I hear they drive a hard bargin, but I'd like to brave 'em.
- Mon- 4/8: Depart Cairo for Abu Dhabi at 9:00. Arrive in Abu Dhabi at 14:00. Sitesee a little in Abu Dhabi which means drive by the rad mosque and the Palace hotel. Maybe go to a mall, but probably not. Show dad what I do every weekend, then drive back to Ruwais. Do the Danat (our Western bar, and by Western I mean Philipino) then do the Dhafra (our Arabic bar. Arabic bar? you ask. Yes, Arabic bar. But I thought Muslims weren't allowed to booze? Oh they're not. That's why no cameras allowed. It's where I accidentally bump into my students' dads, and then they pretend to not notice the blonde teacher at school on Sunday when they are dropping off their little Zayed. That really hasn't happened... yet).
- Tues- 4/9: Tour de Ruwais. Show Pops KG1D! Go to the Danat beach which is much nicer than their bar and finally catch some much needed vitamin D.
- Wed- 4/10: Dad leaves in great Moore fashion- at the buttcrack of dawn, kisses, hugs, tears, then I celebrate Haley Joel Osment's birthday.
PS 88 days 'til I come home!! And 44 days 'til I'm 23!! (ew)