Monday, March 16, 2009

The heat is back, and it's not alone!

For the past 2 months, I have been easing my transition into the desert with a fairly temperate climate, averaging at about 73-75, or as they say it here, and other retarded areas of the world, 22-23. Very comfortable to say the least. But this week, it looks like I can say au revoir to dry pits/small of my back, and bonjour to sweat. But that is the least of my worries; with the heat has come the flies... in spades! Shannon would be shitting herself, or just dead. Today, there were over 12 in my classroom alone! I killed 6; 2 off of a student (Zayed Zeail and Jacob), 3 who made the mistake of landing within my radius, and 1 I punched out of the air. Literally. It was very Rambo, and I am very proud of it.

Anyway, I have made an example out of them by spearing each with a toothpick and displaying their carcasses to show the other flies that I'm not messing around. But I mean who am I kidding, that shit is coming down tomorrow. The mear idea of 6 used toothpicks lining my whiteboard with dead flies beaded onto them makes me want to ralph everywhere.

Chouiefat better put up a screen by tomorrow or they are going to lose a very beautiful and talented KG teacher.

1 comment:

  1. Have them all roll up newspapers and whack around the classroom seeing who can take out the most flies. Winner gets ice cream. It could be a daily warmup. Power in numbers? haha

    ReplyDelete