Monday, March 16, 2009

Dramz in the Middies

Dust off those yellow fireman outfits boys, because apparently solid concrete apartment buildings are flammable.


I don't know the details, but I do know that despite being in the United Arab Emirates, the Ruwais Fire Department does not actually employ Arab Emiratis, but rather what seemed to be fair Italians. Also, as Jasmine and I were passing on our way home for lunch, whilst taking pictures of the boring scene, one very charming and polite fireman said to me "Is this your apparentment?? What did you do??" I wish I could type sarcasm, but really, he should be so lucky to get to stretch out his suspenders for some play. I heard the action the RFD got to see was a grease fire in '92 or something.

2 comments:

  1. was this your apt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. no, it was an apartment at the other end of the complex

    ReplyDelete