Wednesday, April 22, 2009

It's good to be friends with Emiratis!

So I'm not much into cars. I mean I like them, well I do love them, like the way you love your computer. Like I am dependent on her, and I am affectionate her, but I don't take pristine care of her, and I don't really care if too much happens to her. Also, I don't really do any extra curricular reading about cars (0r computers for that matter). But my friend, Ahmed, rented an Audi r8 for my other friend, Nasima's, birthday. So at the party, after I left, everyone got to take it for a spin. Luckily for me, I bumbed into him and his muscle car on my hour break, so he let me do the same!

Fast cars are perfect for the E11. The highways is almost perfectly strait, there are rarely any other cars on it, and you know where the radars are so you can easily avoid them.

I got to 220 km/h which is only like 136.7 mph (which is faster than I have ever driven!), and pussed out because it was broad daylight, and I don't want to go to jail like a certain someone I know.

The car was nice, enough. Annoyingly low, red interior, and automatic. Even though it is automatic it still shifts like Amie (hey yo for the A Yo!), which for those who haven't been blessed to drive with my dearest friend/sister, she lives up to both her Asian and woman stereotypes. But that is besides the point. I don't get why it needs to so obviously switch gears. I get it, you're a sports car, you like to rev the RPMs, but you are also an Audi, and that means you are luxury, and I want to luxuriously go from 0-60 in 4.4 seconds without the jolt of each gear. But hey, I don't know cars.

2 comments:

  1. Are you getting cooler or is it just me? First getting turned on by doods popping wheelies in lightning and then driving 137mph? Keep it up Danaburger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure how to interpret this shout-out, but I will take it as this: It shifts like Amie, which means it shifts like someone who has to shift, which Amie does because she drives a manual. If anything, I am great at shifting just horrible at not crashing into Subaru's driven by unhappy doctor's on the 405 N on Christmas eve

    ReplyDelete