Thursday, April 23, 2009

Easter in Ruwais

I know it is a little later, but I forgot to tell you about Easter in the Middies.

First off it started like every other day, and to cut quickly to the chase, it ended like any other day. It was a holiday, so we didn't have to work. Yayer! Instead I lounged around and watched Angel for the majority of the day, and Jasmine cooked me some lamb with mint sauce, mashed potes, and stuffing.

Then after dinner, my new roommate, Zeinab wanted a tour of Ruwais, like there is really much to see... BUT we did it anyway. As Jasmine and I are starting to meet Zeinab at the park by my house, the lightening and thunder is tremendous! I mean forks of electricity and deep, loud, long drums of thunder. I felt like I was in 0 AD and Jesus was being resurected that night. That must have been what it was like right? Like massive action and magic in the sky. It was pretty epic to say the least, but then it started to rain on our walk, and I was having a good bang day, and those come so rarely, so I was a smidge upset.

OH but then there was this Emirati on a motorcycle cruising next to us when it was still only sprinkling. That is what these men do here, they cruise around and check out the people walking, in hopes they will be women. They circle the block and make it completely obvious they are looking at you. It's annoying to say the least. Anyway, this man on a motorcycle kept speeding up and down the street and showing off doing tricks and stuff, as if it would have impressed us. Any other day it would have been obnoxious, which it still was, but that day, Easter, with the lightening and the thunder, he was popping a wheelie (as I hear the kids call it these days) right when this giant horizantal bolt of lightening flashed, and I couldn't help but feel I was in a Meatloaf video. If it weren't some retard, I would say it would have defined rad, and I don't throw that definition around, but instead it just defined tool. It will forever be burned into my brain though as a happy memory from this awesome hole.

3 comments:

  1. This guy clearly knows what's up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such an amazing way with words, Dana!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i will be in ruwais soon

    ReplyDelete