Wednesday, June 10, 2009

A step by step pictorial of me eating a weird fruit

Okay, so I don't know what it is, but I have seen it in the market for months, and being the risk taker I am, I had to buy it and learn how to eat it.


It has tough plum colored skin with a pretty little green leaf stem. It looks like a fruit or vegetable from a Japanese game. Harvest Moon anyone?! Oh only Jeremy and Shasha. Okay cool.

Attempt 1: Bite into it.


Fail!!
Bitter as the harsh realization that it is not in fact a plum, but more so tastes of bile and cactus and migrant workers' hands.


Attempt 2: Open it up wit my finggies.
A surprise fruity garlic-shaped lychee-like meat found beyond the spiteful demon purple flesh.


Let's have a taste.


Avoiding some seeds, but enjoying the juice! Tastes similar to a good loquat. If you don't know what that is, look it up, or ask Brad. We would steal them from my neighbor down the street on Pasado when I lived in that giant green house in IV. But I digress. Actually, to digress a little more, Stephanie and I want a dress made to match the seed of a loquat. It is a beautiful bronze shiny color. I would actually be satisfied with just a nail polish made of it, but again, I digress.


Seed!
Or stones as the Brits call it. Those idiots make everything sound like we're in the Renaissance.


Success!!
Quite a delish treat!
Would I buy them again? Yup. Would I recommend them to a friend? Already did. Would I make another pictorial documenting me discovering a new exotic fruit? Only time will tell.



3 comments:

  1. I love the Harvest moon reference...it totally does look like one of those weird fruits. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the pictorial.....
    Move over Rachel Ray

    ReplyDelete