Thursday, November 27, 2008

Terrorists can't stop this!

The good news is I booked a trip to India for Dec. 3 - Dec. 12 to see some amazing stuff about a month ago, the bad news is I'm still going.

Today there was a major terrorist attack in Mumbai, and despite what the US and parents advise, I am not not going.
1) I bought non-refundable/changeable tickets from Air Arabia.
2) I was put through hell and back to get mine and my 2 friends' stupid visas. The Indian Embassy is only open 9-12, Sun-Thursdays (when I work), so I had to grovel for time off so I could leave my house at 7 am by taxi to drive to Abu Dhabi to get to the Indian Embassy at 9 when it opened, only to be told that our visa requests were denied. Then I had to throw a fake girly temper tantrum so they would feel forced to make the white bitch stop crying by giving her her way. Then I had to wait 2 hours in order to give my stupid visa applications again in person, and not by DHL like we initially were told was possible, to a retarded/patientless consolate man AND I had to pay extra because I am America, while my British friend traveling with me, got a 75 dirham discount! Please.

So of course I am going. If not for the sheer point of it all!

Plus I love the movie The Fall. You should see it. It is life changing. Well I mean the little girl is adorable and has the most charming Romanian accent (just like my roommate)! The cinematograpy is awesome. And Lee Pace is bangin'! Other than that, the plot is just decent, well for me it was great, but I could see how some would not consider it life changing.


Things I'm going to see on my trip to India:

The Taj Majal in Agra.
We are flying into Delhi at night, staying overnight, then leaving for Agra after lunch in Delhi.
Rothanmbore National Park Safari.
Most likely we will not see tigers, but here's to hoping!

Jodhpur, The Blue City.
See The Fall and you will think it is fake. I'll be honest, I thought it was a movie set until I found out we were going there.

The Pink City.

The Lake Palace.
It's a palace on a lake. Why the crapy wouldn't we go to see it! Also, it is known as the "most romantic" place in all of India. Hey boys.


The Jaipur Observatory.
It's not a real observatory, which is lame, but it is a series of staircases that act as giant sundials, which is awesome!The Amber Fortress.

The Gateway to India, Mumbai.
Although there was just a massive attack on namely British and American tourists in Mumbai, we are hoping to still make it to this giant, smelly, dangerous city. Seriously though, NYC was super safe right after Sept. 11, and so was London after their bombings on the Underground. Security should be on its A game when we are there in 2 weeks. And if it isn't, we will leave.

Things I'm going to avoid in India:


Dirty Terrorists.

Dirty Water.

Dirty Diarrhea.

Please though family and friends. Do not worry about me. Life is such an adventure. I am not going to die. I've got way to many things to do on My List of Things to Do Before I Die list.

Not but really, I will be very careful and let everyone know I am safe, when I am safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment